Rounds one through ten of the draft are now complete. The Yankees made three picks yesterday and had eight more today. As a refresher, the Yankees selected Anthony Volpe, a shortstop out of Delbarton High School in New Jersey with their first choice (30th overall). Southpaw TJ Sikkema (Missouri) and infielder Josh Smith (LSU) were their next two choices at 38th and 67th, respectively.
In the coming days and weeks, we’ll put together profiles of everyone the Yankees drafted in the first ten rounds. Thereafter, we’ll profile anyone from the later rounds who the team actually signs.
Now, on to the recap of day two:
- 3rd Round, Pick 105: Jacob Sanford, CF, Western Kentucky – Video
- 4th Round, Pick 135: Jake Agnos, LHP, Eastern Carolina – Video
- 5th Round, Pick 165: Ken Waldichuk, LHP, Saint Mary’s
- 6th Round, Pick 195: Hayden Wesneski, RHP, Sam Houston State – Video
- 7th Round, Pick 225: Nick Paciorek, RHP, Northwestern – Video
- 8th Round, Pick 255: Zach Greene, RHP, South Alabama
- 9th Round, Pick 285: Spencer Henson, 1B, Oral Roberts
- 10th Round, Pick 315: Mitch Spence, RHP, USC Aiken
Unfortunately, there isn’t good scouting video for everyone here. If I do find something, I’ll update.
Again, more details on each of these choices in our prospect write ups to follow.