Randy, Bobby, and Derek kick off the first episode of the Views from 314ft podcast to discuss (what else?) injuries and roster machinations. Here are this episode’s notes:
- [4:45] Following the intro, general injury discussion
- [5:43] Luis Severino had Tommy John Surgery. How did it come to this?
- [15:27] Getting to the bottom of Aaron Judge’s mysterious rib stress fracture
- [25:50] Moving away from injury talk, fifth starter discussion begins. Is Clarke Schmidt a better option than Michael King?
- [33:30] On Deivi García’s readiness
- [36:00] Discussion on Jonathan Loaisiga’s best fit
- [42:40] Other rotation happenings: Jordan Montgomery’s velocity uptick has been a pleasant surprise and maybe JA Happ won’t be so bad?
- [49:15] Breaking down the Yankees’ current outfield situation and depth
- [57:25] Offseason regrets, namely Cameron Maybin
We will be on all major podcast distribution mediums within the next week or so — there’s a process we need to follow before we’re officially up and running on places like iTunes or Stitcher, so we appreciate your patience. Hope you enjoy our first episode as much as we did making it! We’ll be back again a week from today.