Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The RailRiders’ game against Buffalo was suspended after three innings with the Bisons on top, 2-0. They’ll pick it up tomorrow and play their originally scheduled game thereafter. Here’s what happened pre-suspension tonight.
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Nick Green: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 1 K, 1 HR
- In relief: RHP Kyle Barraclough: 0.1 IP, zeroes, K
- Following Florial: CF Estevan Florial: 1-2, K
- Leftovers: C Max McDowell was hit by pitch…no one else on Scranton reached base early in this one. 1B Chris Gittens was in the lineup and went 0-for-1, so I guess he’s not getting called up…yet.
Double-A Somerset Patriots
The Patriots and Fisher Cats game was postponed due to rain. They will play a straight double header beginning tomorrow at 4:30pm.
High-A Hudson Valley Renegades
The Renegades’ see-saw season continues. They’re back to .500 after losing 6-2 to the BlueClaws in 10 innings (box score).
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Luis Medina: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 7 K – 46 of 80 pitches were strikes (58%)…Also balked and threw a wild pitch…touched 102 MPH on the radar gun
- In relief: RHP Justin Wilson: 0.2 IP, zeroes – 5 of 8 pitches were strikes (63%)…stranded two inherited runners from Medina
- In relief: RHP Barrett Loseke: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K – 34 of 55 pitches were strikes (62%)
- In relief: RHP Charlie Ruegger: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 1 K,1 HR – 24 of 43 pitches were strikes (56%)…blew the save in the ninth, then gave up a grand slam in the tenth to seal this one
- Hitting Star: 3B James Nelson: 2-5, 2 RBI – two-run single in the sixth put the ‘Gades ahead
- Prospect watch: SS Oswald Peraza: 1-5, R
- Prospect watch: 2B Ezequiel Duran: 1-4, K, SB – his fifth steal of the season
- Leftovers: Three other Renegades reached base…DH Eric Wagaman walked twice and singled, C Saul Torres walked once, and LF Eduardo Torrealba singled
Single-A Tampa Tarpons
The Tarpons split a double header with the Dunedin Blue Jays. Tampa won game one in the fashion that they often do: a blowout, 7-1 (box score). But Dunedin took the second game with a four-run first inning that held to a final of 4-3 (box score).
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Beck Way: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K – 16 of 32 pitches were strikes (50%)…professional debut for last year’s 4th rounder
- In relief: RHP Trevor Holloway: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K – 29 of 44 pitches were strikes (66%)…Has 30 strikeouts in 15.2 innings in relief.
- In relief: RHP Blane Abeyta: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 5 BB, 2 K – 19 of 46 pitches were strikes (41%)
- In relief: RHP Nelvin Correa: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K – 16 of 25 pitches were strikes (64%)
- Hitting star: SS Anthony Volpe: 4-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K – Hell of a game…Homer traveled 440 feet on an exit velocity of 108.0 MPH…Hitting .288/.424/.507 this season
- Hauver heat check: 2B Trevor Hauver: 1-3, RBI, BB, K – Ho hum
- Better late than never: DH Josh Smith: 1-5, R, HR, 3 RBI, K – Second game this season for 2019’s 2nd rounder, first homer of the season
- Leftovers: 3B Andres Chaparro went 2-for-4 with a double, his 10th two-bagger of the season…RF Elijah Dunham was on base in three of four plate appearances
- Starting pitcher: RHP Sean Boyle: 2.2 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 1 HR – 39 of 55 pitches were strikes (71%)
- In relief: LHP Edgar Barclay: 3.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K – 31 of 44 pitches were strikes (70%)
- Hitting star: RF Jake Sanford: 1-3, R, HR, RBI, BB, K – second homer of the season
- First round watch: SS Anthony Volpe: 0-4, K – All games can’t be like game one
- First round watch: C Austin Wells: 1-4, K – Didn’t play game one
- Hauver heat check: DH Trevor Hauver: 1-3, BB, K
- Leftovers: Pretty quiet night at the plate…1B Pedro Díaz and 3B Chad Bell had the only other hits