Hey y’all. Didn’t have time tonight for a full Down on the Farm, so I’m going to give you a few bullet points for each game with the box score if you want more. I’ll be back full-tilt tomorrow!
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders: (9-6 win over Lehigh Valley)
- Clint Frazier homered and doubled while Thairo Estrada doubled twice. Fraizer was 3-for-5 overall while Mike Ford also went 2-for-4 with a double.
- Janson Junk and Daniel Bies were called up to take the bulk of the innings as Chance Adams, the scheduled starter, is probably needed as the 26th man or shuttle reliever this weekend.
- J.P. Feyereisen tossed two scoreless innings to close this out.
Double-A Trenton Thunder: (2-0 win at Hartford)
- Nick Nelson went six scoreless innings of four-hit ball before Brooks Kriske and Daniel Alvarez closed the shutout.
- CF Rashad Crawford went 3-for-4, SS Kyle Holder went 1-for-4 while LF Ben Ruta and 1B Brandon Wagner each went 1-for-4 with a double.
High-A Tampa Tarpons: (2-0 win at Clearwater)
- The two scheduled starters for yesterday’s rained-out doubleheader, Glenn Otto (3.1 IP) and Trevor Stephan (5.2 IP) combined for a 10-hit shutout. They each struck out three and walked none with Stephan allowing 10 of the hits.
- 2B Wilkerman Garcia went 3-for-4 with a double while CF Estevan Florial went 1-for-4 with an RBI, BB and 2 K.
Single-A Charleston Riverdogs: (2-1 win over Hickory)
- Yoendrys Gomez held Hickory scoreless for 2.2 IP in his start before he apparently was hit by a ground ball. Dalton Lehnen took over and held Hickory to one run over 4.1 before Tanner Myatt closed out the win.
- CF Brandon Lockridge hit a solo homer, LF Canaan Smith went 2-for-3 with a BB while both RF Josh Stowers and 2B Oliver Dunn went 2-for-4.
Short-Season Staten Island Yankees: (3-2 win over Mahoning Valley)
- RHP Nelvin Correa allowed six hits and one run over five innings in his first start with Staten Island (previously with Pulaski) before RHP Derek Craft went three innings, allowing one unearned run.
- 2B Ezequiel Duran went 2-for-4 with a double, run and stolen base while SS Josh Smith, the 2019 2nd-round pick, went 2-for-2 with two walks and two runs. DH Andres Chaparro went 1-for-2 with two walks.
Rookie-Level Pulaski Yankees was rained out and will have a doubleheader tomorrow.
GCL Yankees East: (8-7 win over GCL Tigers West)
- 19-year-old RHP Nicio Rodriguez allowed four runs over 2.1 IP in his first start stateside. The winning pitcher was 2019 15th-round pick LHP Edgar Barclay, who gave up five hits and two runs (1 ER) over 3 frames. 2019 eighth-round pick RHP Zach Greene got the save.
- DH Kevin Alcantara went 3-for-4 with a double, 3 runs and a walk. 1B Starlin Paulino went 2-for-4 with two doubles, a run, RBI and walk. Both catchers Hemmanuel Rosario and Miguel Torres had at least a double.
GCL Yankees West Game 1: (4-1 win over GCL Phillies East F/7)
- 18-year-old Alfred Vega tossed a scoreless frame, RHP Wilser Barrios added 4.2 more of three-hit ball before RHP Kevin Milam, this year’s 14th-round pick, allowed his first professional earned run.
- CF Raimfer Salinas went 2-for-4 with a double, run and two stolen bases while DH Juan Crisp went 1-for-1 with 2 RBI, 2 walks and a stolen base. 2B Jose Colmenares went 1-for-3 with an RBI, walk, stolen base and strikeout.
GCL Yankees West 2: (3-0 win over GCL Phillies East F/7) … Makeup of July 25 rainout.
- RHP Diego Cordero allowed five hits and no runs over four innings, striking out two before RHPs Anyelo Luna and Evan Voliva combined for three perfect frames.
- DH Stanley Rosario hit a solo home run while RF Nelson Medina and C Juan Crisp each doubled home a run. CF Raimfer Salinas went 1-for-3 with two strikeouts.