- The Trentonian’s Greg Johnson wrote a nice profile of Thunder INF Hoy Jun Park. Johnson touches on when Park was an international prospect, how he’s adapted to professional ball in a new country and his play for the Thunder.
- After his strong start yesterday, Tarpons T RHP Garrett Whitlock made MiLB.com’s prospect roundup. Included in that roundup is yet another player in the Rays organization with the last name “Lowe.” No word on how to pronounce that.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders: (6-5 loss to Lehigh Valley)
- Didi Watch: Sir Didi Gregorius was the DH on Sunday and went 0-for-4 with a hit-by-pitch … No injury worries on the HBP though: He ran the bases and was fine … Gregorius is now a paltry 1-for-16 with one strikeout for the RailRiders … Schedule is for Didi to have a day off Monday, play shortstop in back-to-back games and then rejoin the Yankees.
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Randall Delgado: 6 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 9/1 GB/FB — 58 of his 94 pitches (62%) were strikes … Went much better than his first start … ICYMI, the Yankees signed him out of Indy ball a week ago.
- In Relief: RHP Joe Harvey: 1 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 0 K — After J.P. Feyereisen gave up three runs and Scranton tied it, Harvey walked in the winning run.
- Hitting Star: LF Trey Amburgey: 2-for-4, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 2 R — Game-tying three-run shot, his seventh dinger of the year.
- On Deck: 2B Breyvic Valera: 2-for-5, 1 R — He’s hitting .441 (!!!) with 12 extra-base hits and 10 walks through 69 PAs in Scranton.
- Other Notables: RF Ryan McBroom went 1-for-3 with a double, two runs, two walks and two strikeouts … 1B Logan Morrison went 1-for-4 with 2 Ks.
Double-A Trenton Thunder: (4-1 loss to Harrisburg)
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Trevor Stephan: 5 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 2 HR, 1 HBP, 1/4 GB/FB — 55 of 78 pitches (65%) were strikes … Winless through eight starts in Trenton, though he has 40 strikeouts in 28 1/3 innings.
- In Relief: RHP Adonis Rosa: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 3 K
- Hitting Star: RF Matt Lipka: 2-for-4, 1 R, 1 SB — Scored Trenton’s only run on a Mandy Alvarez single.
- On Deck: 2B Hoy Jun Park: 2-for-3, 1 SAC
- More to know: CF Rashard Crawford went 1-for-3 with a double, a walk and two strikeouts.
High-A Tampa Tarpons: (7-3 loss to Bradenton)
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Jio Orozco: 4 1/3 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 HR, 6/5 GB/FB — 58 of his 87 pitches (67%) were strikes … First start with Tampa after nine appearances in Charleston this year … has become better about controlling walks … gave up homer to Pirates prospect Travis Swaggerty.
- In Relief: RHP Hobie Harris: 2 1/3 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Hitting Star: 3B Angel Aguilar: 1-for-3, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 R, — First homer of the year … also hit a sac fly.
- On Deck: 1B Dermis Garcia: 0-for-2, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 2 K — Hit a sacrifice fly.
- Other Notables: RF Isiah Gilliam went 2-for-4 with a strikeout and his 11th stolen base.
Single-A Charleston RiverDogs: (5-0 win over Lexington)
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Nolan Martinez: 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K, 1 HBP, 1 PO, 5/5 GB/FB — 58 of his 89 pitches (65%) were strikes … The 2016 third-round pick has a 1.15 ERA and has allowed nine baserunners over 15 2/3 innings this year … Just his third game.
- In Relief: RHP Aaron McGarity: 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB,0 K
- Hitting Star: 3B Max Burt: 2-for-4, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 R, 1 K — 5th homer for Burt.
- On Deck: CF Brandon Lockridge: 0-for-3, 1 BB, 1 R, 2 K
- Other Notables: Charleston got a run on a wild pitch and another on a passed ball.