Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The RailRiders game against Syracuse was postponed and will be made up July 7.
Double-A Somerset Patriots
The Patriots are currently getting hammered 10-3 in the 8th inning against Richmond. Instead of a full breakdown, here are homeruns hit by Luke Voit and Oswald Peraza:
High-A Hudson Valley Renegades
The Renegades beat the Jersey Shore BlueClaws 8-4 in this one behind a strong offensive performance from James Nelson moving to 24-16 on the season.
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Reid Anderson: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 1 K – 49% strikes sounds about right for that pitching line
- In Relief: RHP Barrett Loseke: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K – 57% strikes and has 37 K in 24 IP on the season
- In Relief: RHP Nick Ernst: 2.2 IP, zeroes, 5 K – 74% strikes…dominant outing to pick up the win
- In Relief: RHP Derek Craft: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K – 54% strikes for the 6’8″ right-hander
- Offensive Star: 3B James Nelson: 2-4, 1 HR, 1 2B, 3 RBI
- Multi-hit Watch: 2B Oliver Dunn & RF Frederick Cuevas went 2-4…Dunn had a triple and Cuevas a double
- Leftovers: Josh Breaux & Elijah Dunham each hit a double
Low-A Tampa Tarpons
Anthony Volpe hit two homeruns, including a walk-off in the 9th to give Tampa a 7-6 victory over the Bradenton Marauders. They are now 28-13 on the season.
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Beck Way: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 1 K – 47% strikes…struggled with control in this one
- In Relief: RHP Matt Sauer: 4.2 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K – 69% strikes…surprised they left him in for that long and for 85 pitches
- In Relief: RHP Trevor Holloway: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K – 50% strikes…got a blown save and a W in the same game.
- Offensive Star: DH Anthony Volpe: 3-5, 2 HR, 1 3B, 3 R, 4 RBI – huge game bringing his OPS to 1.033. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a call-up to High-A soon
- Offensive Star 2: C Austin Wells: 2-4, 1 HR, 2 R, 2 RBI
- Leftovers: Trevor Hauver, Andres Chaparro, & Pat DeMarco each had one hit to round out the offense.