News & Notes
- A bunch of promotions today. Thomas Milone, Hoy Jun Park, and Brandon Wagner all earned the promotion to Triple-A Scranton.
- Diego Castillo and Jason Lopez were both retroactively placed on the 7-day IL as of 5/16.
- Oliver Dunn was promoted to Somerset from the Renegades.
- Evan Alexander joins Somerset via the Tarpons.
- Finally, Aaron Palensky is now a Patriot, coming from the Complex League.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders
The RailRiders are 10-3 following today’s 11-6 victory over the Rochester Red Wings. They had 13 hits and 3 walks.
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Brody Koerner: 4.1 IP, 2 R, 0 BB, 4 K – 68% of his pitches were strikes
- In Relief: LHP Trevor Lane: 1.2 IP, zeros, 1 BB, 3 K – 61% of his pitches were strikes…retired 5 of the 6 he faced
- In Relief: RHP Reggie McClain: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 2 BB – 54% of his pitches were strikes
- In Relief: RHP Addison Russ: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 BB, 1 K – 43% of his pitches were strikes…really rough outing for Russ
- Florial Watch: CF Estevan Florial 1-5, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 2 K – the true Florial experience once again
- Catching Depth: C Rob Brantley: 2-5, 2 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI – his services, or Chirinos’, may be needed in the Bronx soon
- New Arrival: 2B Hoy Jun Park: 3-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 2 RBI – nice Triple-A debut
- Leftovers: a bunch of other hits too…Andrew Velazquez and Thomas Milone had 2 apiece…Zack Zehner, Cristian Perez, and Brandon Wagner each had one as well
Double-A Somerset Patriots
An exciting 2-1 victory for the Patriots, who rallied in the 9th to beat the Hartford Yard Goats. They improve to 8-5 on the season with the win. The pitchers struck out 12 but walked 6.
- Starting Pitcher: LHP Matt Krook: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 7 K – 59% of his pitches were strikes
- In Relief: RHP Carlos Espinal: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 K – 54% of his pitches were strikes
- In Relief: RHP Keegan Curtis: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 K – 73% of his pitches were strikes…he earned the win
- In Relief: RHP Greg Weissert: 1.0 IP, zeros, 1 BB – 47% of his pitches were strikes…he’s allowed 1 run and 2 walks against 10 strikeouts in 6 innings…he got the save
- Hitting Star: 1B Dermis Garcia: 1-4, 1 HR, 2 RBI – huge HR for Dermis, which came in the top of the 9th…followed a double from Donny Sands to lead off the inning
- Leftovers: aside from that HR and Sands 2B, the Patriots had 3 other hits…an Isaiah Gilliam single, Max Burt double, and Michael Beltre single
High-A Hudson Valley Renegades
The ‘Gades are a game over .500 after their 4-3 victory over the Brooklyn Cyclones today. It was a dominant day for the staff, who allowed just two earned runs, struck out 11, and walked none. Still, it took a late-inning comeback to win the game – but a win’s a win, right?
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Hayden Wesneski: 5.1 IP, 1 R (0 ER), 5 K – 67% of his pitches were strikes…efficient outing for the 23-year-old, who now has 16 K and 4 BB in 14.1 IP
- In Relief: RHP Zach Greene: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 6 K – 81% of his pitches were strikes…surrendered both runs in the 7th, when he struck out the side around a single and HR
- Hitting Star: 1B Kyle MacDonald: 2-3, 1 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI – his 2 -run HR in the 6th gave the ‘Gades a 2-1 lead…also added a game-tying 1 RBI single in the 8th
- Peraza Watch: SS Oswald Peraza: 0-4, 2 K – he’s still hitting .314
- Duran Watch: 2B Ezequiel Duran: 1-3, 1 R, 1 SB – hitting .294 on the season
- Leftovers: rough night otherwise …Pablo Olivares and Isaiah Pasteur had the other hits
Single-A Tampa Tarpons
Brutal night for Tampa, who have really cooled down offensively since the torrid first week. They fall to 9-4 with today’s 8-2 loss. Their pitchers could not find the plate and walked 9 batters.
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Sean Boyle: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 3 K – 68% of his pitches were strikes
- In Relief: RHP Kevin Milam: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 BB, 1 K – 51% of his pitches were strikes…awful night, retiring 3 of the 8 he faced
- In Relief: RHP Zack Kohn: 0.1 IP, zeros, 1 K – 50% of his pitches were strikes
- In Relief: RHP Jhonatan Munoz: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 4 BB, 3 K – 52% of his pitches were strikes…another rough night for Munoz
- In Relief: RHP Carson Coleman: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 K – 63% of his pitches were strikes
- In Relief: RHP Connor Pellerin: 0.2 IP, zeros, 2 BB, 2 K – 45% of his pitches were strikes
- Hauver Heat Check: 2B Trevor Hauver: 0-4, 2 K – his cold stretch continues…so much for being too talented for the level
- First Round Watch: C Austin Wells: 1-5, 1 R, 1 SB, 2 K
- Hitting Star: 3B Chad Bell: 2-3, 1 RBI, 1 2B, 1 BB
- Leftovers: rough night at the plate…Carlos Narvaez and Andres Chaparro had the other hits