Didi’s arm looks OK …— Conor Foley (@RailRidersTT) May 31, 2019
Stellar play from the shortstop helps Adams post a scoreless third inning. pic.twitter.com/ipTc9fIUAz
- Logan Morrison served the final game of a three-game suspension after he was at the center of a near-fight between Scranton and the Syracuse Mets. Tim Tebow helped break things up!
- I forgot that the Eastern League went to a split-season format this year. Here’s how the suspended/postponed games from yesterday will impact the standings, considering the makeups are in the second half.
- The Railriders are struggling and could get shut out from the All-Star Game. Here’s the vote standings and the place you can vote, if that’s your thing.
- Finally, 2018 2nd-round pick Josh Breaux is on the 7-day IL in Charleston while Nelson Gomez and Matt Sauer are on the 60-day IL. 2017 first-round pick Clarke Schmidt is on the 7-day IL in Tampa.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders: (8-0 win over Lehigh Valley)
- Didi Watch: Sir Didi Gregorius went 0-for-5 with a pop out, line out, fly out, ground out and foul out. Wow … Most importantly, he’s back to being a wizard in the field. That play up top wasn’t even his best. Here’s his double play turned with Tyler Wade.
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Chance Adams: 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 1 HBP, 4/3 GB/FB — 47 of his 73 pitches (64%) were strikes … First start since picking up his first MLB win Saturday in KC … Picked up six swings and misses … His Triple-A ERA is down to 4.00.
- In Relief: LHP Danny Coulombe: 1 2/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 3 K, 1 WP, 2/0 GB/FB — The former Oakland A’s reliever was a bit wild but effective … Was relieved by RHP David Sosebee, who threw 1 1/3 scoreless frames.
- Hitting Star: 1B Mike Ford: 2-for-4, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 2 R, 1 BB, 1 K — Showed off that Ivy League Player of the Year power with a three-run jack.
- On Deck: 2B Tyler Wade: 2-for-3, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 R, 1 BB — First homer of the season for the infielder.
- Other Notables: 3B Breyvic Valera stayed hot with an RBI single, going 1-for-3 with a run scored and two walks … CF Mike Tauchman was 3-for-4 with a walk, run and RBI … DH Brad Miller had a hit and two RBI.
Double-A Trenton Thunder: (2-0 win over Harrisburg)
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Albert Abreu: 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K, 1 WP, 5/7 GB/FB — 55 of 84 pitches (66%) were strikes … This was easily Abreu’s best outing in Double-A … Lowers his ERA to 4.11 … Topped out at 100 mph in the fourth inning, according to the Trentonian’s Greg Johnson.
- In Relief: RHPs Brooks Kriste and Domingo Acevedo each had scoreless innings of relief … Each didn’t give up a hit or walk and got two groundouts … Kriste’s fifth save while lowering his ERA to 1.93.
- Hitting Star: 2B Hoy Jun Park: 3-for-4, 1 2B, 2 RBI — A pair of RBI singles gave Trenton all the runs they needed … Is now batting .324 with an .874 OPS
- On Deck: LF Zack Zehner: 2-for-3, 1 BB, 1 K — Also had a sacrifice bunt.
- More to know: 0-for-4 with two strikeouts for SS Kyle Holder.
High-A Tampa Tarpons: (8-7 walk-off win over Bradenton) … Down 7-6 with two outs in the ninth.
- Starting Pitcher: RHP Shawn Semple: 5 1/3 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 1 HR, 4/5 GB/FB — 57 of his 86 pitches (57%) were strikes … 2017 11th-round pick … Had allowed 12 runs in his last 8 2/3 innings over two starts.
- In Relief: RHP Brady Lail: 2 1/3 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, 1 HR 3/3 GB/FB — Allowed a go-ahead two-run homer to Pirates No. 10 overall pick Travis Swaggerty.
- Hitting Star: 1B Dermis Garcia: 1-for-3, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 R, 2 BB, 1 K — Looooong solo home run for Garcia. Leads the league with 12 on the season.
- On Deck: 3B Angel Aguilar (2-for-4) and CF Omar Carrizales (2-for-5): Had the game-tying and game-winning singles in the bottom of the ninth. Combined for two runs (both Aguilar) and three RBI.
- Other Notables: 2B Oswaldo Cabrera went 2-for-5 with a double, run scored and two RBI … RHP Andrew Bellatti picked up the win with a scoreless ninth inning.
Single-A Charleston RiverDogs: Postponed due to wet grounds, doubleheader on Saturday.