Happy Opening Day, everyone. It’s one of the best days of the year, every year, no matter how we may feel about the offseason. That’s all ancient history, except for one day. And I’m glad that today, not yesterday, is Opening Day – it’s a gorgeous, sunny, and warm day in New York. A perfect day to watch the Yankees beat the Red Sox.
With the season now upon us, it’s time for our regular housekeeping post about what to expect from Views this season. It will be a little bit different around here, as many of you have likely noticed already. Derek and his wife welcomed their daughter last week, Randy is in the final stages of The Captain for ESPN, Matt is regularly shaping young minds, and I am balancing my own professional responsibilities.
But Views is here to stay. Our passion hasn’t gone anywhere – just our time. That means we won’t really have the space or ability to write daily takeaways of each of the games. These take too much time. In the process, they soak up our ability to write the other features we find more valuable.
So we are just revamping things a bit, so it will look a bit like this, with an average of a post or two a day:
- Our usual recurring features: An overall thoughts post/analysis, the mailbag, and the newly-added live chat.
- In-Depth Analysis: We’ll be doing our usual standalone trend pieces and player analysis. Last year, a lot of this analysis got buried in-game recaps (at least mine did), and this year we’d like to bring it out as their own unique articles.
- A Weekly DoTF Recap: As with the takeaways, the daily DoTF takes too much time if we want to keep the other gears turning. We will replace it with a weekly feature to keep everyone apprised of the latest developments at every level.
- Breaking News Reaction: In the event of breaking news, we’ll be covering that in real-time. An example: if, say, Aaron Judge were to sign an extension today.
- The Podcast: Randy and the team are in the process of standing the podcast back up, which will be back in action perhaps as soon as next week. That will be a weekly feature as well.
I am very excited about the 2022 Yankees. There’s a lot I would have done differently, but I actually do think they’re going to make some noise. Now it’s time to find out. And Views will be here with you, even if it looks a bit different this year. Let’s go Yanks.