I usually use this section to comment on last week’s poll results or the current state of affairs. But really, what more is there to say other than that the Yankees are really good? Even as getting healthy and rested for the postseason becomes top priority, they keep winning anyway. It’s great.
All that’s left now is the division clincher and determination of home field advantage. The former could happen this week, while the latter could go down to the wire. Obviously, home field advantage would be fantastic to have, but the Yankees won’t strain themselves for it.
Now, let’s get on to the usual Monday morning routine:
2019 Regular Season Record: 94-50 (1st place, 8.5 games ahead of Rays)
Last Week: 4-2
Upcoming: Away vs. Red Sox (1 game, 9/9), Away vs. Tigers (3 games, 9/10 – 9/12), Away vs. Blue Jays (3 games, 9/13 – 9/15)
Recent Aaron Boone News:
- I wrote about Boone’s case for the American League Manager of the Year Award.
- Boone liked what he saw out of Luis Severino’s latest rehab outing. The plan is for him to rejoin the team as a starter after one more start in Trenton.
- The manager told the media that Aaron Hicks’s season is now in jeopardy. Boone said that they had him checked out once more, but it seems like everything came back clean. Hicks is just having a hard time ramping things up.
- In better injury news, Giancarlo Stanton is getting closer to returning. Boone doesn’t have a target date in mind, but when he does return shouldn’t affect his postseason usage. It more depends on how Stanton looks and feels.
- Earlier this week, Boone didn’t rule out Deivi García joining the team this month. However, after the Railriders season ended on Saturday, the team’s top prospect is heading to Tampa.
- It’s still possible for the Yankees to use an opener in the playoffs. Much depends on the health of Severino and Dellin Betances, but the skipper says it remains on option.
Please take a moment to vote in the three poll questions below: