That’s that for the 2020 regular season. A disappointing finish, to put it lightly. Aaron Boone’s club stumbled down the stretch but has a chance for renewal starting tomorrow against Cleveland in the first round of the postseason. Here’s this past week’s Boone news, followed by the evaluation survey:
- The skipper acknowledged that the team hasn’t played well, but hopes that they can turn the switch come Tuesday. They have to, really.
- Boone got ejected on Friday night and erupted on home plate umpire John Tumpane.
- It’s easy to see that Kyle Higashioka is Gerrit Cole’s personal catcher. But Boone dropped a bit of a surprise during his weekly WFAN interview, saying that the starting catcher will be a “day to day” decision.
- The manager isn’t worried about Aaron Judge’s performance since returning from the injured list.
- Boone was interviewed by Steve Serby.
- Lastly, Boone’s thoughts on the Yankees’ Wild Card opponent, Cleveland:
Aaron Boone on facing the Indians in the Wild Card round:— Yankees Videos (@snyyankees) September 27, 2020
“We know we’ll have our hands full” pic.twitter.com/zKqdTbKQit