As Randy put it last week, the Yankees are good. And to no surprise, most of you have good things to say about Aaron Boone at the helm. Perhaps there’s a little more to gain in the strategic department, but as long as the team wins, fans will (mostly) be happy. And, after this week in particular thanks to a particular tirade, I have a feeling Boone’s popularity has grown. First, a few quick notes. Afterward, vote on the three poll questions so we can see if Boone’s rant had any impact.
2019 Regular Season Record: 64-34 (1st place, 9.0 games ahead of Tampa Bay)
Last Week: 5-2
Upcoming: Away vs. Twins (3 games, 7/22 – 7/24), Away vs. Red Sox (4 games, 7/25 – 7/28)
Recent Aaron Boone News:
- Surely, you’ve seen the manager’s rant and ejection from Thursday by now (there’s also the uncut version):
- CC Sabathia certainly liked Boone’s “savages” tirade, and the rest of his teammates assuredly did too.
- Boone served a one game suspension on Friday for making contact with rookie umpire Brennan Miller. Boone’s cap made contact with Miller’s, as you may have noticed in looking back. Miller points it out right after it happens, in fact.
- You’re probably wondering why Boone kept saying “savage” over and over again. Here’s some background.
- Earlier in the week, after Aroldis Chapman blew a save against Tampa Bay, the skipper defended his closer’s increased slider usage (the pitch he got beat on).
- Boone relayed a handful of injury updates before Sunday’s game. Most notably: Giancarlo Stanton’s slow recovery. He spoke to Stanton, who told Boone that the first few weeks were frustrating.
Please take a moment to vote on the three questions below: