Taking two of three from the Dodgers was a nice way to cap off a rough start to the week, huh? The series against Oakland stunk, though I was not awake for the majority of it, but the Yankees picked themselves off the ground pretty quickly. This is a really good team, folks. Let’s recap where Aaron Boone’s squad stands:
2019 Regular Season Record: 85-47 (1st place, 9.0 games ahead of Rays)
Last Week: 2-4
Upcoming: Away vs. Mariners (3 games, 8/26 – 8/28), Home vs. Athletics (3 games, 8/30 – 9/1)
Recent Aaron Boone News:
- As you surely know by now, the end of Saturday’s game was mired with controversy. As one would expect, Boone still wants an explanation for why Gleyber Torres was sent back to third base. However, it appears that a protest is no longer an option.
- After getting swept in Oakland, the skipper had no concerns about his ballclub righting the ship.
- The manager has a ton of confidence in the Yankees’ pitching staff, despite season-long woes in the starting rotation.
- With a number of recent high-profile disagreements with umpires, Boone believes that the umps are scrutinizing the team’s dugout. In particular, he thinks that they’re now looking for things like Brett Gardner banging his bat against the dugout ceiling.
- “Boonie” has nothing against Players’ Weekend, but was not a fan of the uniforms worn.
- Boone thinks that the Yankees can help its newest reliever, Cody Gearrin, take a step forward.
Please take a moment to vote in the three polls below: