- Update, 11:36am: The Yankees “are at least lurking” on RHP José Berríos. (Joel Sherman)
- Update, 12:05pm: The Rockies don’t plan to trade RHP Jon Gray. (Jon Heyman)
- Update, 12:34pm: The first big deal of the day has been struck. The Blue Jays are getting RHP José Berríos. Strike one option off the Yankees’ list. (Ken Rosenthal)
- Update, 12:39pm: Big haul for the Twins in return for Berríos: top prospects SS Austin Martin and RHP Simeon Woods-Richardson (Dan Hayes). Based on this, the Yankees would have had to include at least SS Anthony Volpe to get Berríos.
- Update, 1:11pm: Here’s a weird one. Cleveland is trading OF Eddie Rosario to Atlanta for 1B/3B Pablo Sandoval. (Mandy Bell)
- Update, 1:14pm: OF Adam Duvall won’t face the Yankees this weekend. Miami is dealing him to Atlanta. (Craig Mish)
- Update, 1:29pm: Finally, something Yankees-related although it’s not exactly new news. The Yankees are still looking to move Luke Voit. (Mark Feinsand)
- Update, 1:55pm: Not much interest in 1B Luke Voit thus far. (Brendan Kuty)
- Update, 2:19pm: Wow. The White Sox are getting RHP Craig Kimbrel. (Jeff Passan)
- Update, 2:32pm: 6 or 7 teams are looking at CF Byron Buxton. (Jon Heyman)
- Update, 2:41pm: The Mets are going after SS Javier Báez. (Joel Sherman)
- Update, 2:51pm: That was quick. The Mets indeed got Báez. (Andy Martino)
- Update, 3:01pm: The Phillies are trading for RHP Kyle Gibson and RHP Ian Kennedy. They need pitching badly, and this helps. (Ken Rosenthal)
- Update:, 3:11pm: Old friend LHP JA Happ is on the move. He’s going to the Cardinals. (Mark Feinsand)
- Update, 3:50pm: The Yankees are on the board!
- Update, 3:54pm: The Giants are getting Kris Bryant as the final bell draws near. (Jeff Passan)
- Update, 4:00pm: Ding ding ding. We’ve hit the deadline. More announcements might trickle in, but as of now, Voit is still a Yankee.
- Update, 4:05pm: The Yankees are done. There won’t be any post 4pm announcements for them. (Jack Curry)
ORIGINAL POST:Embed from Getty Images
Happy trade deadline day! Today’s 4pm eastern deadline is six hours away. We’ll update this throughout the day with the latest rumors and transactions. Use this post’s comment section to discuss everything that goes down today, and as always, please keep things on topic and civil.
In case you missed it, here are our writeups of the trades the Yankees have made so far:
- IF Hoy Jun Park and IF Diego Castillo to Pittsburgh for RHP Clay Holmes (link).
- RHP Luis Cessa and LHP Justin Wilson to Cincinnati for a PTBNL (link).
- RHP Glen Otto, IF Ezequiel Duran, IF Trevor Hauver, IF Josh Smith to Texas for OF Joey Gallo and LHP Joely Rodriguez (part one, part two).
- OF Kevin Alcántara and RHP Alexander Vizcaíno to the Cubs for 1B Anthony Rizzo (link).
And now, rumors involving the Yankees:
- 1B Luke Voit seems to be the odd man out for the Yankees. Perhaps I’m taking this too literally, but YES Network’s Jack Curry noted that he’s “curious to see what kind of deal the Yankees will execute in moving Voit” (emphasis on will is mine). He also notes that they’re seeking a pitcher. (Jack Curry)
- The Post’s Joel Sherman believes that the Yankees are out on SS Trevor Story. (Joel Sherman)
- The Yankees have checked in with the Twins on RHP José Berríos, although the Rays, Jays, and Red Sox have more actively pursued him. (Jon Heyman)
Lastly, a quick summary of trades around the league yesterday:
- Per multiple reports, the Dodgers are going to land RHP Max Scherzer and SS Trea Turner from the Nationals in exchange for prospects C Keibert Ruiz, RHP Josiah Gray, RHP Gerardo Carrillo, and OF Donovan Casey. Whew.
- The Padres announced that they acquired RHP Daniel Hudson from the Nats for two prospects. Hudson would have been a good get for the Yankees’ bullpen.
- In case you couldn’t tell, Washington kept busy and sent LF Kyle Schwarber to the Red Sox for a prospect. I guess he’s going to play first base in Boston, although he’s never played the position in the majors.
- In addition to Scherzer and Turner, the Dodgers acquired LHP Danny Duffy from the Royals for cash and a PTBNL.
- Tampa Bay dealt RHP Diego Castillo to the Mariners for RHP JT Chargois and 3B Austin Shenton. Thanks, Rays, won’t miss Castillo one bit.
- Crosstown deal: the Cubs sent RHP Ryan Tepera to the White Sox for LHP Bailey Horn.
- The ChiSox also picked up 2B Cesar Hernandez from Cleveland.
- The Blue Jays dealt C Riley Adams to the Nationals for LHP Brad Hand. Please let him face the Yankees.
Can today top yesterday? That was a ton. Keep in mind that DH Nelson Cruz (Minnesota to Tampa Bay), OF Starling Marte (Miami to Oakland), INF Adam Frazier (Pittsburgh to San Diego), and INF Eduardo Escobar (Arizona to Milwaukee) have already been dealt in previous days. Would be pretty fun if yesterday’s constant action continued into today.